|How to remove mold
Have you ever come upon a pile of old leaves and turned the leaves over to find a growth of mold? Mold is everywhere inside and outside. Can you name some places where mold is apt to grow? (Ask participants to name places where mold can grow. Answers may include greenhouses, farms, compost piles, wooded or shaded areas, lake areas, about anyplace since mold spores are everywhere and just need moisture to grow.)
Mold can grow anywhere there is moisture. For this lesson, we will talk about mold in the home and classify mildew as mold too. We will explore why some people are more at risk for allergies to mold, and we will learn that mold can be good but can also impact our health.
Exposure to mold can cause cold-like symptoms, respiratory problems, nasal and sinus congestion, watery eyes, sore throat, coughing and skin irritations, and can trigger asthma attacks. Because some mold spores are very small and can easily be breathed deeply into the lungs, it is not safe to live in houses with high mold levels. Exposure to high mold spore levels can cause development of an allergy to mold. People can react to mold whether it is living or dead.
Everyone should minimize their exposure to mold. Children, the elderly, pregnant women and people with existing respiratory sensitivities are at higher risk for adverse health effects from mold. Some people are affected when exposed to very little mold, while others may show no adverse health symptoms when exposed to mold.
Situation for Mold Occur
Molds generally grow on organic materials such as paper, leather, dirt and soap scum. They grow best at warm temperatures, between 77 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit, although they can grow in temperatures between 32 and 95 degrees.
Molds grow in moisture. Water leaks, flooding, high relative humidity and condensation are all situations that increase the growth of mold.
If there is a serious mold problem anywhere in a home or other building, airborne mold spores from those points of mold contamination will enter into the heating/cooling ducts and/or equipment to mold contaminate both, and thus the entire building. Of course, the opposite is also true: if there is mold infestation growing inside the heating/cooling ducts and/or equipment, the heating/cooling system will efficiently spread airborne mold spores through out the entire home or building through air distribution of the running system. In any home or building with mold infestation, you need to mold test the outward air flow from each heating/cooling duct register for the possible presence of elevated levels of airborne mold spores in comparison with your outdoor mold control test. Use a Certified Mold Inspector or do-it-yourself mold test kits from a large hardware or home improvement store.
Do Molds affects our Health?
Most molds do not harm healthy people. But people who have allergies or asthma may be more sensitive to molds. Sensitive people may experience skin rash, running nose, eye irritation, cough, nasal congestion, aggravation of asthma or difficulty breathing. People with an immune suppression or underlying lung disease, may be at increased risk for infections from molds.
A small number of molds produce toxins called mycotoxins. When people are exposed to high levels of mold mycotoxins they may suffer toxic effects in people, including fatigue, nausea, headaches, and irritation to the lungs and eyes. If you or your family members have health problems that you suspect are caused by exposure to mold, you should consult with your physician.
Tips- How to remove mold
Brush off all the mold. If you can, take the item outside to do this.If you can not take the item outside, use a stiff brush or broom and brush the item over a piece of newspaper. Then, roll up the paper and throw it away.
If the mildew is on a carpet, vacuum to remove as much as you can. Throw the vacuum cleaner bag away after vacuuming the mold.
Dry-clean materials that can not be washed. Be sure to point out spots to the cleaners.
Methods- How to remove mold
Using vinegar instead of bleach will kill the mold and is much better for the environment and you. You can use vinegar at higher strengths than bleach because it won\'t give you headaches or kill you, your children, or your pets.
This will work with fabrics too! Simply fill a sink or bucket with water and add 1 cup of bleach. Let the item soak for up to 1 hour.
If the mold or mildew is stubborn, you can add another 1/2 cup of bleach or vinegar to your mixture.
Each room or area should be cleaned separately, one at a time. Before cleaning each room or area, you should seal it off as best as you can. This will prevent the mold from disseminating to other areas of the home or building while it is being cleaned, since cleaning can disturb and stir up the mold, causing mold spores to become airborne.
So we have covered the topic How to remove mold