How to get rid of dark circles
Some people have dark circles under their eyes no matter how much sleep they get or how stress-free their lifestyle. Sometimes, dark circles seem to happen for no reason. But do you know how to get rid of dark circles?
Dark Circles is the name given to the bags under the eyes and dark blemishes around the eyes. Dark Circles is because of insufficient sleep, by deficiency of vitamin k, by heredity and by bruising. Occassionally under-eye darkening is the consequence of a chronic skin condition such as atopic eczema. This is more noticeable in people with darker skin.
Eyes - How to get rid of dark circles
- If you are not getting enough fluids, or your sodium and alcohol intake is out of proportion to the amount of water you drink each day, you could be dehydrated. Dehydration can result in reduced circulation, too much salt can make your body retain water in strange areas, and both can result in the skin under your eyes looking blue or black and puffy. Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to reduce and get rid of dark circles under your eyes.
- The dark circles under your eyes can easily be a symptom of exhaustion and stress. Make sure you are getting the needed 7-9 hours of sleep a night and taking some time at least once a week to do something relaxing, just for yourself, and those dark circles should get better in no time.
- If you suffer from under-eye puffiness on a regular basis, check if it is related to your monthly cycle. If puffiness appears several days before your period, consider it a manifestation of PMS. Try to use natural diuretics, such as green tea, and eliminate salty foods, most carbohydrates, and excess liquid from your menu about one week prior to your period. Such measures should drastically reduce hormonal-induced dark circles and puffiness under your eyes, which are caused by premenstrual water retention.
Tips - How to get rid of dark circles
- Drink plenty water, to help circulation and removal of toxins - it is always good for the skin!
- Eat a lot of carrots, as it is rich in beta carotene - excellent for the skin and eyes!
- Rub your hands until your palms are very warm. Then cover your eyes with your palms for 30 seconds.
- Soak a piece of cotton with milk and use them to cover your eyes for 15 minutes
- Avoid taking aspirin as it worsens the circles by clotting the blood.
Home remedies - How to get rid of dark circles
- Almond oil as we know is an excellent natural emollient and its fine texture and moisturizing properties is perfect for any skin type. Ayurvedic practitioners love Almond oil and they have been using this oil for dark circles.
- Another effective home remedy is peeled and grated potatoes. Firstly, grate the potato, wrap it in thin cloth and place it over the eyes. Use this overnight at least three times a week.
Make sure to wash the area thoroughly and apply a little cream or oil around the eyes to moisturize the area