How to get rid of boils
What are boils?
A boil is an infected hair follicle; boils are grown deep into the skin’s layers. They can be found on the face, neck, breasts, butt, and even at times your genital area. Boils are very painful.
What causes a boil?
Boils are usually caused by bacteria. There are times that the boil may break open and cause the bacteria to spread to any nearby skin and then that can cause new boils to form. A painful red bump will appear and is filled with puss the boil can usually become very painful within a 24 hour period.
Boils are caused most commonly by:
- Cuts or scrapes that become infected.
- Ingrown hairs.
- Foreign material lodged in the skin.
- Plugged sweat glands.
- Certain diseases like cat scratch fever.
- Thyroid imbalance.
Treatment - How to get rid of boils
- Soaking the boil, if it\'s in a soakable place on your body, in warm water will help to relieve pain and draw the boil out. Also, a warm, damp compact applied to the skin for 20-30 minutes, 3-4 times a day can also draw the boil out. Once the boil drains, either wash it with antibacterial soap, or apply idiodine to ensure that no bacteria can enter the fresh wound and cause further infection of the boil.
- Keeping your wounds clean is the key to getting rid of boils. Because most boils are caused by that skin dwelling bacteria called staph for short, it\'s best to keep open boils and other skin wounds as clean as possible. Wash all wounds with antibacterial soap on a daily basis and make sure to change any bandages or dressings when they start to look nasty.
Tips - How to get rid of boils
- Soak the boil in warm water or apply warm compresses. This will help bring the boil to a head and drain the pus. Repeat for five minutes a few times a day.
- Keep areas such as your scalp, groin and armpits clean to avoid staph bacteria, which can cause boils.
- Clean the boil with an anti-bacterial soap. You can also apply an anti-bacterial cream over the affected area to avoid further infection.
- Make a paste with soft soap and sugar and apply it to the boil. Cover with a bandaide or bandage and leave until the band aide drops off .the boil should be gone.
- Buy a mustard powder and mix with very little water until you get a thick paste and apply it to the boil place a band-aid over this and wait for at least 6-8 hours before you remove the band aid. The boil should have drained.
- Apply saline solution to the boil. Clean it up with antibacterial cream or solution. Dry it up and keep it that way.
- Take parts of salt and baking soda put in a bowl and add peroxide maybe a teaspoon and make a paste. She would mix the ingredients on the stove but you can use a microwave. Just make a warm past and put on the affected area. Leave sit for about 15 min. and repeat often. Boil will come to a head.